Basic Pizza dough

I have followed the basic outline of the steps for the Basic pizza dough from Meeta of Whatsforlunchhoney it worked well for me.

I did not measure the temperature like Meeta, but the pizza was pretty decent. I also changed the flour that I used. I used Farine Bise as it is called here in Swiss. There are so many types of flour here. Well the experiment worked !

I used the following to make the basic pizza dough. It yielded me three 20 cm dia pizzas. (I think I could have managed to make 4 really thin crust pizzas out of it)

Farine bise - 2 1/4 cups
Yeast (Instant) - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tbsp
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Water - 300 ml

1. Mix in the flour, yeast, sugar and oil in a big bowl.

2. Mix either using your hands or using a electric mixer. Mix well till no dry flour is seen in the bowl.

3. Now either knead with your hand or change the attachment of the electric mixer to the kneading one and knead the dough for around 5-6 minutes. The dough must stick to the bottom of the bowl and not to the sides. If the dough sticks to the sides, just sprinkle a little more dough and then get the required consistency after kneading it well.

4. Let the dough rest in the same bowl for 2 hours, if you are going to prepare the pizza 2 hours later else just plastic wrap the dough and save it in the fridge may be for 2 days ( I am not sure about this because I immediately used all the dough to make pizzas).

I do not have a photo of the dough to display it but I sure do have the finished pizza.

Please check out my next post on making a simple pizza sauce and Echalotes and black olives pizza.





Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Comments

  1. Hi,

    ur pizza discription is as good as ur pizza.

    yesterday after eating two slices i felt like having more
    :) :)

    i wish u good luck in blogging

    i will also advertize ur blog

    take care

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any suggestions you have.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Have a great time !!

Popular Posts